You Can Make a Difference
The SHEA Education & Research Foundation is funded through the generous support of people and organizations like you. It is through your support that the Foundation can:
- Develop best-quality training for future leaders in healthcare epidemiology;
- Offer research recognition and support awards to researchers and emerging leaders in the field;
- Foster leaders and scientific exchange on the international stage; and
- Advance novel scientific investigation through the SHEA Research Network and other research initiatives.
Your donation will directly support the education and research offerings of the Foundation. Consider the potential impact of each donation:
- $100 can help SHEA recognize the achievement and contribution of leaders in the field of epidemiology.
- $250 can help create a multi-year research grant for a young scholar.
- $500 can support new SHEA Research Network initiatives.
- $750 can support the current development of online Fellows education which is essential education required of all infectious disease fellows.
- $1,000 can expand the SHEA global network for scientific knowledge transfer.
- $10,000 can help fund a more in-depth research project like the SHEA Epi-Project.
Foundation Activities Planned for 2016
This is a list of key activities planned by the SHEA Education and Research Foundation that will use 2016 donations.
- Key funding initiatives to support the SHEA Research agenda including support for the SHEA Research Network and the possibility of other grant funded research support
- Funding for the 2016 International Ambassador Program cycle and potential expansion
- $15,000 in scholarship awards for various programs during the year such as: SHEA Spring 2016 Conference and Judene Bartley Policy in Action Scholarship
- $15,000 in career recognition awards for IDWeek 2016
- Support of educational initiative expansion (potential podcasts and online webinars)