SHEA Spring 2017 – March 29 – 31, 2017
Planning Co-Chairs, Drs. Matthew Linam and Belinda Ostrowsky are pleased to announce the SHEA Spring 2017 Conference: Science Guiding Prevention will take place in St. Louis, Missouri at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch from Wednesday, March 29 – Friday, March 31, 2017. This year's conference will build on the success of past SHEA Spring Conferences and focus on innovative and cutting edge topics addressing unanswered issues in healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship.
SHEA Spring 2017 highlights include:
- Focused scientific abstracts related to healthcare epidemiology, surveillance, implementation science and patient safety, and prevention strategies with poster and abstract awards
- Cutting-edge healthcare-associated infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship education
- Education focused on multi-disciplinary and integrated approaches involving implementation science and prevention across the healthcare continuum
- Expansion of the SHEA Mentorship Program
- Women in Epi Networking Event
- Re-launch of the SHEA Epi Competition
- SHEA Education & Research Foundation Dinner (Ticket Purchase Required)
Who should come to SHEA Spring 2017?
This conference is designed for physicians, infection preventionists, healthcare epidemiologists, infectious disease specialists, microbiologists, nurses, pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals interested in healthcare epidemiology, infection prevention, surveillance, research methods, patient safety, environmental issues, and quality improvement.
The SHEA 2017 Planning Committee combines the expertise of SHEA members who have served on SHEA meeting planning committees for many years and active leaders from the SHEA Education Committee. It also includes broad subject matter expertise in healthcare epidemiology, long-term care, research methods, clinical microbiology, patient safety and quality, implementation science, and networking and communication.
Visit www.sheaspring.org to register and find out more!
Join SHEA at IDWeek 2017
IDWeek 2017 is the jointly held scientific meeting of IDSA, SHEA, HIVMA, and PIDS. It is scheduled for Oct. 4-8,2017 in San Diego, California. IDWeek is geared toward healthcare professionals in infectious diseases and healthcare epidemiology and prevention, including researchers, clinicians, quality and patient safety practitioners, epidemiologists, and public health officials, including those who see HIV and pediatric patients. It is a must-attend meeting for professionals who want to stay current, apply state-of-the art science to clinical care, and excel in their own careers. View the program at: http://www.idweek.org/program/. Register and save as a SHEA member: http://www.idweek.org/attendees/registration/. We look forward to seeing you there!