Compendium of Strategies to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections in Acute Care Hospitals
Obtain Open Access Copies
Place your order now for hard copies of the 2014 Updates Compendium Update Supplement.
- COST: $20.00 individuals, $49.00 institutions; bulk orders available at a discount.
- E-mail: email@example.com
SHEA and IDSA, with partner organizations AHA, APIC, and the Joint Commission in 2014 updated the popular science-based and practical recommendations for acute care hospitals for the prevention of common HAIs in Infection Control and Healthcare Epidemiology, originally published in 2008.
The 2014 Compendium Updates represent practical recommendations by the leading champions in infection prevention and healthcare quality improvement.
- Synthesizes best evidence for the prevention of surgical site infections, central line-associated bloodstream infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections, ventilator-associated pneumonia, Clostridium difficile, MRSA, and hand hygiene
- Highlights basic HAI prevention strategies plus advanced approaches for outbreak management and other special circumstances
- Recommends performance and accountability measures to apply to individuals and groups working to implement infection prevention practices
2014 Compendium Update: Table of Contents
All the sections have been published online as of July 2014. A bound supplement will be available in Fall 2014. For more information on the costs of bulk orders, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2008 Compendium articles, please visit the Guidelines page.